At Dudley Kidney Patients Association (DKPA) we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out how (DKPA) uses and protects any personal information that you give us. This includes any personal information you provide:
- on our website, www.dudleykidneypa.org
- when you send us any forms or other documents in connection with your support of our work
- or whenever you contact us
If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact us at email@example.com before providing any personal information.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices but we will not use your personal information in any new ways without your consent or as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
You should check this policy from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14.04.14.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information when you ask about our activities, seek information, make a donation or otherwise give us personal information. The information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name and address
- Other contact information such as telephone number and email address. By providing your email address you agree to us sending you email from time to time about our activities (including fundraising) and other relevant information we think will interest you. You can let us know if you no longer wish to receive such information at any time
- Information about ways in which you would like to support us
- Information about what news and publications you would like from us
- Information about how you would like to be contacted
- Your financial information for any donation you choose to make. Please note that if you make a donation via our website we do not retain details of your credit/debit card used to make the donation. When making a payment via this website, your card details go directly to our third party provider, PayPal, which securely handles all payment transactions made via the website on our behalf
- Information that you choose to submit when contacting us or using particular features on our website
What do we do with the information we collect?
We will always seek your consent to the use of your personal information. When we seek this consent we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose. We may use this information for the following reasons:
- To keep in touch with you as a supporter of the charity
- To send you information from time to time about our activities (including fundraising) and other relevant information that we think will interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us that you would prefer not to receive this
- To respond to enquiries submitted by you and supply information you have requested
- Our internal record keeping
- To develop and improve the charities activities
- To process your donations
- To contact you for market research purposes e.g. to ask for your views
Who do we share this information with?
We will not sell your details to any third parties but we may sometimes share your information with our trusted third party service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf or our trading companies. The only third parties who we will allow to access your personal information are:
- Our provider (PAYPAL) of the ‘direct debit’ sign-up facility on our website; only for the purposes of capturing the information for secure onward transmission to DKPA to process
- Our providers of payment services in connection with your donations.
We will not pass your personal information to any other third parties without your permission or unless we are required to do so by law.
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. The Charity’s policy is not to charge any fee for this service. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please contact us.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We and those third party service providers who we may allow to access your information have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
When you make donations via our website, your payment card information is collected and stored securely by our provider(s) of payment processing services.
How do I disable cookies?
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful; otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie setting in iOS Safari
- Cookie setting in Windows Mobile
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie, which will stop any further cookies being served to your machine. Here is the link to Google Analytics with instructions on how to do this:
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful: