Welcome to Dudley Kidney Patients Association WebsiteCharity Number 511085
DKPA supports renal patients who are linked to Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley in the West Midlands.
We support local kidney patients who have Chronic Kidney disease (CKD).They may have life threatening kidney failure and depend on either dialysis or a kidney transplant to survive or be pre-dialysis patients pending treatment.
Every patient is automatically a member of DKPA, but we do depend on both donations and fund raising to finance our activities.
We support our patients by:
- Being a contact with practical advice (non-medical)
- Providing the funding for educational materials via the Renal Unit
- Providing grants for patients with specific need.
- Providing transport costs for away from centre haemodialysis treatment.
- Enabling patients and their families to have caravan holidays at a subsidised rate in one of our three holiday homes.
- Working with the renal staff to provide items and facilities not provided by the NHS.
- Arranging outings and social events for getting together.
- An affiliation to the National Kidney Federation (NKF) who work to develop and improve national renal services.
Our Charity Shop acts as our focal point and as our main source of income is an extremely important part of the Association. It is open 6 days a week and is an opportunity for anyone to drop in and is also a centre for some of our events.